So, you haven't used that software you downloaded last year because you have something else that works better. There really isn't a reason to keep it on your computer, right? It is just cluttering your hard drive. This guide is related to the Windows 7 and Vista operating system, but it works similarly with Vista. In Windows XP it was called "Add and Remove Programs" which, alphabetically put it farther up on the Control Panel screen.
|1. Control Panel|
- Go to your "Start Menu" and select the Control Panel on the right side.
- Select "Programs".
- Click on "Uninstall a Program" This will let you view the programs on your computer.
- Be selective about the programs you remove as some may change the functionality of your computer, such as Java or Windows updates. That doesn't mean you shouldn't remove any programs. Remember that game you downloaded and hated? Time to remove it from the computer!
- Select the file you want to remove and click on the "Uninstall/Change" at the top.
- Follow the instructions such as if you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program, click Yes.