Friday, March 28, 2014
Yes, your phones can get viruses. Check out this Basic Computer Security article.
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
|Block Apps on Facebook|
- On your desktop or laptop, sign into Facebook.
- Grab the name of the app you want to block (I just copy the title with Ctrl/c).
- Click the gear on the upper right hand corner of your Facebook page.
- Go to "Settings" on the drop-down menu.
- In "General Settings" , then go to "Blocking" listed on the left hand side.
- Scroll down to the category, "Block apps".
- Enter the name of the app in the text box and hit the enter key.
Monday, March 24, 2014
a paper on March 12, 1989 proposing an “information management” system that became the conceptual and architectural structure for the Web. He eventually released the code for his system—for free—to the world on Christmas Day in 1990." Pew Research Internet ProjectThe fact is that the Internet has become an important part of our lives, expanding our communication, our knowledge and our entertainment. I know my first computer, an Amstrad 8086, dual floppy drive opened my universe through the Prodigy system. Around 1994, with the purchase of an upgraded computer, we moved to AOL and almost immediately went to the Internet filled with millions of pages even at that time. My first website was created shortly thereafter and moved the site to my first domain, autumnwinds.com on July 1st, 1996.
We have come a long way since that time although social networks were there, even back in the Prodigy days. There are still many challenges that face the Internet to keep it a private, secure, neutral location. Happy Anniversary, Internet! ☺