So, have you recently seen the vast amount of "shoes" that you and/or your friends are being tagged? Did you really want your name associated with these advertisements and how can you stop them?
The first thing to do is to change the settings on your Facebook account so you are allowed to accept or reject when you have been tagged in a photograph.
There are also some scamming apps out there so be aware of the applications that request access to your Facebook account.
|Access the your FB |
account privacy settings.
- Go to your account by going to the dropdown arrow next to "Home", at the top of Facebook. (See image)
- Select "Privacy Settings".
- Select "Edit Settings" to the right of "Timeline and Tagging".
- Enable the setting for "Review posts friends tag you in before they appear on your timeline"
- Click the back button and then the done button.
- You can now leave the privacy settings area by clicking on the Facebook logo on the top left.
You may still see shoe ads on your friends wall, but now you can be spared from tags that promote glowing shoes on your own Facebook account. ☺